Every human being on this earth has some innate talent and ability which is more pronounced than the rest. In fact, it is this talent which shapes his aptitude for certain tasks. This talent and ability can become formidable if it is recognized at the right time. This is because talents are generally found in raw form and need to be groomed and developed.
Unfortunately, neither our parents nor our educational system generally help in discovering our latent talents. The result is that people deprive themselves of their own inner potential. Instead of discovering them, more time is spent on wishful thinking, day dreaming and making castles in the air.
Yet, it is never too late. Whatever our age, we can begin the exercise to discover our inner talent. Here are ten questions which may help us in determining it.
1. What do you think you are naturally good at?
2. How would you use a gift of a handsome amount of money if it is given to you to be spent for a cause, issue or problem?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. Which qualities of a person inspire you?
5. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
6. If you were to give a message to a large group of people what would it be?
7. Who are your heroes and why?
8. People say: "Oh, you are so good at …"
9. What do people typically ask you for help in?
10. In which fields / subjects have you won praise or awards?
Discovering our inner talent can radically transform our lives. Let's begin today!
(Dr Shehzad Saleem)