The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, that there will be a time in his Ummah when four things will be sought to become lawful including, fornication, silk, alcohol and the musical instruments. I don't recall the correct wording. Anyway, most of the people (scholars) quote this particular Ḥadīth in the argument that music is haraam, saying that since the phrase "musical instruments" has come along with the other three forbidden items, how could it…
What is the status of the ‘Aqiqah. Actually, my sister-in-law has been blessed with a baby girl. Now she is staying at her mother’s place for the time being. So who will perform this ‘Aqiqah. Her mother wants to do this here on the 7th day. Kindly clarify how we should go about it as per the directives of Islam.
When I wake up early in the morning I see stains of night fall on my clothes. I take a bath but find the stain there the next day. Should I consider them stain from the previous day and do not take a bath or should I take a bath every day because I have also a problem of involuntary ejaculation?
My question is regarding building mosques on graves. Verse 21 of Sura al-Kahf says: Behold, they dispute among themselves as to their affair. Some said: Construct a building over them. Their Lord knows best about them. Those who prevailed over their affair said: Let us surely build a place of worship over them. (Q 18:21)
Does this ayah, tells us that we can build the mosque on graves of pious people?
Also, living abroad, is it preferable for Muslim to be buried in only a Muslim graveyard or does it not matter that non-Muslims are also buried there?
I am a student at a famous university in Lahore. In my university the element of atheism and nonconformist is getting stronger each day.
Today one of them argued on the way Muslims bury their relatives, he said that in his point of view when a loved one dies, the place of his body should be preserved and should not be left the way it is ordered in Islam, i.e. it should not remain as wet…
I have been told that celebrating birthdays is tantamount to innovation in the religion of God. The following saying of the Holy Prophet (sws) is quoted to prove this claim.
Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that does not belong to it shall have that action rejected. (Bukhari, Muslim).
Whoever performs a deed which is not in accord with our…
Can you please enlighten me on the question of Chehlum ceremony meant for Isal-i-thawab (transfer of reward to a deceased). The ceremony is commonly held on the fortieth day of one’s death. How far such a thing is allowed in Shari‘ah? I am told that this is an innovation in Islam.
- Choosing Names Of Angels For Children
I was wondering if there is any clear prohibition/direction in Islam regarding giving your children names of angels like Jibrael, Mikael etc. Also, what is Islam's position on angel's gender and if by calling male child Jibrael actually violates the principles of Islam.
- Cutting Nails And Hair
Please respond to the following questions.1] Does Islam allow you to grow your nails?2] Does Islam allow you to cut your hair?3] Are you allowed to play the lottery and then give your winnings to charity?
- Distributing Meat Of Offerings
1. Can we distribute all of the meat of the offerings to the poor, not keeping anything for ourselves and relatives? I mean is it alright if all of the meat is distributed to those who deserve irrespective of if they are relatives or strangers? 2. Can we distribute the meat of the sacrifice to non-Muslims and non-believers who are poor and deserving? 3. Is there any religious ruling that we have to give preference…
- Effects Of Wearing Stone Gems
I want to know whether any of the precious stones have any spiritual significance or healing/remedial effects. Is it true that our Holy Prophet [pbuh] used to wear a ring with some stone, or he advised Hazrat Ali [rta], or any of his companions, to use one or another stone for auspicious effects?
- Ending The Funeral Prayer With One Tasleem
Why do Saudis say only one tasleem in funeral prayer while we say two?
- Eunuchs, Tattooing And Dajjal
Can eunuchs change their gender through any plastic surgery? Is it allowable and if not so why? Is tattooing allowable? Is it this true that dajjal will come before the doomsday or this is just a superstition?
- Gender Discrimination In Aqiqah
I live in UK and I have heard that when a new child is born we do aqiqah. My question is that, I know Aqiqah is not obligatory but why do we sacrifice two goats for boy and one goat for girl (I think according to Hadith). If Aqiqah is a way of gratitude then why there is discrimination between boy and girl? For parents both are equal.
- Giving Children French Name
Can we name a Muslim child by name with Islamic spirit but in French language form e.g elsa meaning blessed by Allah?
Kindly give me answers to these questions.
1. Can Muslims be buried in non-Muslim graveyards?
2. Can Non-Muslims be buried in Muslim graveyards?
3. Where do you bury a person who has a religion different from others and he has no graveyard of his own in Pakistan?
4. Can Qadianis/Bahais be buried in Muslim graveyards?
- Growing Nails
I wanted to know are we allowed to grow our nails. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- Husband’s Desire For His Wife To Keep Elongated Nails
I have a slight problem. I am a sincere Muslim. I keep my nails trimmed but my husband wants me to keep them a little long. I have tried to convince him into letting me trim them because it is not allowed in Islam, but he thinks I am becoming an extremist because he finds nothing wrong with keeping elongated nails. What should I do? Husbands do have rights in Islam but I also know…
This is in reference to your answer to the question about Khatam. I agree with you that this is something new but I am unable to understand that why all the new things are not allowed. The word of the Holy Prophet (sws) about every addition clearly shows that if someone says that this is a must in Islam only then it could be considered some addition.
Agreeing to your point would definitely lead me…
- Method Of Bathing After Sexual Intimacy
I need to know the method of bathing after having sex, including the dua's to be recited
- Milaad Celebrations
What is your opinion about milaad (Celebrating the Prophet’s (sws) Birthday)?
- Mourning Death
What is the etiquette when someone passes away in your family? Can you cry? I ask this because some Ahle Hadees people say that you have to show patience. No crying. They also mention that when someone dies Allah sends angels to check what are the family members doing. If they are crying and mourning then Allah asks the angels to whip the person who has passed away. I find it strange. Is there something…
- Names Of Married Women
In Islam people are named in their father’s name. I have observed that here in Pakistan when a girl is married her name ends with her husband's name, not with her father's name. Take for example a girl named Ayesha Ali as her father’s name is Ali. When the same girl is married to a man named Hussain she will be either called Ayesha Hussain or Mrs. Hussain. Kindly advise the right way of naming…
- Nose Piercing
Is nose piercing haram? I have always admired seeing sisters with their nose pierced and I am not sure if it is the right thing to do. I have read on it and some scholars say it is makruh and others say it is haram. I just need your opinion on the question.
- Praying For Friends
Can I pray for friends to Allah, so that Allah give them mercy and clear their mind?
Is there any Qur’ānic verse in that reference?
- Purifying Utensils
I have a question regarding purifying things, making them 'paak (ritually purified)'. I have shifted to a flat in UK. I have got few things left by the previous occupier. My auntie told me if I take garden soil and make the kitchen sink and dishes/plates, glassed, etc. clean with it, then I can use them. She said I would have to make the soil wet, cover the sink and dishes with it, let it…
- Regarding Cremation
What is the Islamic stance on cremation?
- Removing A Dead Body From The Grave
What are the religious rulings about opening a grave or removing a body?
- Removing Pubic Hair
Is removing pubic hair necessary in Islam?
- Shaving Or Trimming Chest Hair
I want to know about the chest hairs. Can we trim these hairs like under the arm hairs? Although everyone should adopt the way GOD created us, but apart from showing off fashion, can anyone do this just for his personal deed?
- Taking Bath After Sexual Intimacy
Does a simply washing the body purify an individual who has to obtain purification after having sex or one has to follow a set of rules govering the ritual bath?
- Trimming Hair During The Month Of Hajj
There is a Hadith in the Sahih of Muslim which says that Muhammad (sws) said that if somebody intends to offer an animal on Eid al-Azha he should not cut his nails and should not trim/cut his hair (head, underarms and private parts) from 1st to the 10th of Zilhijjah i.e. till Qurbani. Kindly guide
- Using Left Hand In Eating
Please clarify the use of our left hand while we eat or drink? Can we, while drinking water in a glass, use our left hand?
- Wisdom Behind The Sunnah Of Shaving Off Unwanted Hair
Why do we have to clean hair from under the arms and the pubic area?
- آیات قرآنی کا استعمال براے دم ، تعویذ یا وظیفہ
- استخارہ اور خیر کی طلب
- اسلام اور موسیقی
- اسلام میں داڑھی کی حیثیت
- اسلام میں عقیقہ کا حکم
- اسلام میں نذر کا تصور
- اسلام میں پردے کے احکام
- اسلام نے غلامی کو ایک دم کیوں ختم نہیں کیا؟
- اسیران جنگ کو غلام بنانے کا جواز
- ايک امام كی پيروی
- ایصال ثواب اور دعا
- ایصالِ ثواب
- بیعت کا تصور
- تصوف اور اسلام
- جنازے کے مسائل
- حج و عمرہ اکٹھا کرنے والے کے لیے قربانی کی تعداد
- حج کے ساتھ قرباني
- حیا کا دائرہ
- خواتین کا قبرستان میں جانا
- خود کش حملوں کا جواز اور جمہوری قوانین کا ‘کفر’ ہونا
- داڑھی نہ رکھنے والے مسلمان کی سزا
- داڑھی کا مونڈنا
- داڑھی کی شرعی حیثیت
- دربار اور مزارات
- دین اور لباس
- دیہی مسجد کا انتظام
- زائرِ مکہ اور احرام
- زیارتِ مدینہ اور مسجد نبوی میں چالیس نمازیں
- ستر سے متعلق
- شب برات کی حقیقت
- شب معراج میں عبادت
- علم نجوم
- عورت کا بال کٹوانا
- عورت کا نماز کا لباس
- عید الاضحی
- عید میلاد النبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم
- عیدالاضحی پر جانوروں کی قربانی
- غائبانہ نماز جنازہ
- غلاف کعبہ
- غلامی كا خاتمہ نہ ہونے کے اسباب
- غیر اللہ کے نام پر تقسیم كرنا
- غیر زائر ین حرم کی قربانی
- غیر مسلموں کے برتن میں کھانا
- فوٹو گرافی کی کمائی حلال یا حرام؟
- قبر کو پختہ بنانے کی شرعی حیثیت
- قبرستان کے گرد دیوار بنانا اور قبر کو نمایاں یا پختہ بنانا
- قبروں پر فاتحہ خوانی
- قرآن خوانی اور قل
- قرآن كی آيات كا دم كرنا
- قوالی اور قرآن و سنت
- كيا مرحوم بيوی نا محرم بن جاتي ہے؟
- لکھے ہوۓ لفظ Muhammad کا احترام
- مجسمہ سازی
- محتاجی سے بچنے کی دعا
- مرحومین کو ایصال ثواب
- مرد و عورت کی برابری
- مزار پر دعا
- مسجد ميں نماز جنازہ
- مسجد میں گفتگو
- مسجد نبوی کی زیارت
- مسلمان مرد کےلیے داڑھی کا حکم
- مشکل ختم کرنے کے لیے تسبیحات
- مشینی تصویر کشی
- منگنی کی رسم
- میت پر اظہارِ غم کے حدود
- میت کے موقع پر دیے جانے والے کھانے کی حیثیت
- میت کے موقع کےشرعی احکام
- میلاد منانا
- نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم بشر ہیں یا نور؟
- نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کی نماز جنازہ اور تدفین میں تاخیر اور اُس کی وجہ
- نذر و نیاز
- نسل کا انتساب مرد کی طرف یا عورت کی طرف
- نماز جنازہ کی شرعی حیثیت
- نو مولود کے کانوں میں اذان و اقامت کی شرعی حیثیت
- پیر اور بیعت
- ڈاڑھی رکھنا نہ واجب ہے يا سنت
- ڈاڑھی رکھنے میں مشکلات
- ڈاڑھی کا مسئلہ
- ڈاڑھی کی اہمیت اور فرضیت
- کسی کے واجب القتل ہونے کا فتوٰی دینا
- کیا ماں باپ خدا سے افضل ہوتے ہیں؟
- گھر میں اذان دینا اور تعویز پہننا
- گھڑ ی میں اذان
- گیارھویں اور دیگر رسوم