Assalamualaikum. I am Shibanul Haque from Bangladesh. I just cannot help but have to ask you some questions. Please take a look. I have to know it to eradicate my misconceptions if I have any.
1. Was it permissible to have an intimate relationship with POW's without marriage after the period of iddah. Was marriage required for this kind of relationship or just consent of POW's was enough?
2. It has been said in the Quran verse no. 47:4 that, either one can free POW's for generosity or for ransom. That was done by Prophet PBUH during the battle of Badr. But this was not followed in the battle with bani al mustaliq or in khyber or in the case of banu qurayza, why? Why people of these tribes enslaved after the clear commandment of Quran that either pow's
can be freed or ransomed but not to be enslaved. Am I missing something? Is there any difference between POW's and slave?
3. It has been said that only slave was allowed to be distributed as war booty and can be taken as a slave. A free person cannot be enslaved, they should be freed or ransomed. Although there was an exception in the case of Banu Qurayza. In the case of Banu al mustaliq and in the battle of khaybar, Juwayriyyah RA and Safiyyah RA both were enslaved and then freed. Why? Were not they a free person? Why they were distributed as a slave?
4. Is MARIAH (RA) is a UMMUL-MOMINEEN? Because some historians say that Prophet (PBUH) married her i.e. IBN KATHIR but somewhere it says that HE did not i.e. TABARI. If Prophet PBUH did not marry her, why didn't he marry her? Can you please elaborate?
5. Is there any chance that slavery can be resurrected if Khilafah somehow reestablished and if there is a war between the Islamic state and non-Muslims, why and why not? I am asking this question due to some reason, a. ISIS is doing exactly this heinous crime in the name of our DEEN, why? b. After the death of Prophet Muhammad PBUH, did the rightly guided Caliphs
used to enslave the POW's or just free them for generosity or by taking ransom?
5. Can you please describe the context of Surah at-Tahrim verse no 1 to 6. Because I think the background of those verses very much delicate. So I need to hear from a Scholar. Please let me know Sir. I have searched everywhere possible to get answer. But, I could not do so. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply,
Sir. I want to learn my DEEN better, please help me.